This Enrollment Agreement is between:
The course entitled “Fundamentals of Home Inspection” approved by the State of Washington will start and end on
The program consists of 120 clock hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of field training for a total of 160 hours. The classroom instruction and the training will cost: $3,000.00. $250.00 Refundable deposit due upon enrollment, $2,750.00 due on the first day of your class.
- Satisfactory Completion: To earn a certificate for this course, you must:
- Complete the course in its entirety
- Submit all modules and assignments
- Score 70% or higher on the course final exam
- Be paid in full and have no balance owing for the class and field training.
- ‘Top Notch Home Inspector School’ provides a certificate for completing this course. Upon satisfactory completion of all portions of this course ‘Top Notch Home Inspector School’ will provide you with a certificate of completion.
- Agreement is Binding: this agreement will be binding only when it has been fully completed, signed, and dated by the student and an authorized representative of the school prior to the time instruction begins.
- Changes in the Agreement: Any changes in the agreement will not be binding on either the student or the school unless such changes are acknowledged in writing by an authorized representative of the school and by the student or the student’s parent or guardian if he/she is a minor.
- Effective date of Acceptance: I certify that I have read and understand the cancellation and refund policy and the complaint procedure; and I am entitled to an exact copy of this Enrollment Agreement, and any other papers I sign.
- Cancellation of Classes: The school reserves the right to cancel a starting class if the number of student enrolling is insufficient. Such a cancellation will be considered a rejection by the school and will entitle the student to a full refund of all monies paid.
- Termination by the School: The student may be terminated upon concurrence of any of the following:
- Failure to make any payment when due
- Failure to abide by the school conduct policies, including, but not limited to the prohibition of the use of drugs, drinking of alcoholic beverages, disruptive behavior, or excessive tardiness if in the field or classroom setting, or insufficient progress as evidenced by failure to complete the assignments and projects or make no effort to attend classes or perform any assignments.
- Employment guarantee disclaimer: Although ‘Top Notch Home Inspector School’ will be happy to assist you with career counseling, within reason, ‘Top Notch Home Inspector School’ makes no employment guarantees.
- ‘Top Notch Home Inspector School’ guarantee: Any student who completes our course in its entirety may repeat any class, in whole or in part, for up to one year from the first day of class of this agreement at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. The student will be placed in the next available class opening, or after at the request of the student.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy for class and/or field training programs:
- The $250.00 initial deposit is refundable upon un-enrollment up to 2 weeks before class scheduled start date.
- Once field training has started the full $750.00 is owed and due in full on the same date as the class start date.
- Balance of $2,000.00 is owed and due in full on the same date as the class start date.
- 24 hour notice of cancellation of class or field training will unenroll the student and waive the liability balance of the $2,750.00. The $250.00 deposit may be applied to any class with a start date of one year from deposit payment date.
- Notice to the Student: Do not sign this agreement before you read it or if it contains any blank spaces. This is a legal document. All pages of this agreement are binding. Read both sides of all pages before signing. You are entitled to an exact copy of the agreement, and any other papers you may sign and are required to sign a statement acknowledging receipt of those.
- Unfair Business Practices: It is unfair business practices for the school to sell, discount, or otherwise transfer this contract or promissory note without the signed written consent of the student or his/her parent or guardian if he/she is a minor and a written statement notifying all parties that the cancellation and refund policy continues to apply.
- I grant permission to Top Notch Home Inspector School to use my name, likeness, image, voice and/or appearance in any photographs, video recordings, digital images, and other media (“Representations”) taken or made for Top Notch Home Inspector School marketing including but not limited to, social media channels, website publications, magazine publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials offered both online or in digital or print format. I acknowledge that I will not be entitled to receive any compensation in money, or other things of value, with respect to the use of the Representations. I may revoke permission of use of the Representations by providing such revocation in writing to Top Notch Home Inspector School. I understand the revoking permission means that Top Notch Home Inspector School will not continue to use the Representations from the date of receipt of the request with any new marketing, but that such revocation will not apply with respect to any existing or past marketing.
- While on field inspections with Top Notch Home Inspector School I will follow the company representative instructions and adhere to all safety precautions. I understand that I am not allowed to traverse any roofs while completing any field training. In the event I’m injured while attending a training inspection I will not hold Top Notch Home Inspector School liable for any of the costs associated with the injury. This includes any future costs incurred due the injury including, but not limited to any, personal property damage or loss of wages.
This school is licensed under Chapter 28C.10 RCW. Inquiries or complaints, regarding this private vocational school may be made to the: Workforce Board, 128 - 10th Ave. SW, Box 43105, Olympia, WA 98504 Web: wtb.wa.gov
Phone: 360-753-5662 Email: email@example.com
Washington law requires the following information to be supplied to each student enrolling in a private vocational school licensed by the RCW 28C.10. One copy of this notice bearing original signatures must be attached by the school as an addendum to that individual’s enrollment agreement and a copy must be provided to the enrollee by the school.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY ENROLLEE
- I understand and accept that any contract for training I enter into with ‘Top Notch Home Inspector School’ contains legally binding obligations and responsibilities.